Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring ravioli

While weeding the garden today, I pulled some more of those wild onions/yard scallions/ onion grass. I also had some fresh broccoli that I needed to use.

So I whipped up some store bought cheese ravioli and developed a sauce from the following:

- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 chopped cloves of wild onion
- about 3/4 teaspoon basil
- about 3 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- about 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour

Method:
Combine butter and oil and sauté scallion pieces for about the minutes. Reduce heat, add milk and cream. Once combined add flour. Incorporate thoroughly, add basil.

Now once I had the sauce, I cooked about 2.5 cups chopped fresh broccoli briefly in the microwave. About three minutes. Then I drained it, put the sauce to the side, and sautéed the broccoli about five minutes in a teaspoon of olive oil and the sauce sticking in the pan.

I put the sauce in the ravioli pot once I cooked and drained the ravioli and added the ravioli. Stirred until thoroughly mixed (it's a thin coating) and add the broccoli.

I sprinkled about 1/4 cup grated ricotta salata on each dish after scooping out the ravioli

No comments:

Post a Comment