Sunday, July 31, 2011

Grating zucchini

I make Deidre Imus' Crabiless Crab Cakes often. Though I call them zucchini cakes. Her Imus Ranch cookbook has fabulous vegetarian/vegan recipes without a lot of fuss and fancy ingredients. Plus reading about the ranch is interesting.

But I digress.

My mother gave me two zucchini from a friend's garden. My daughter keeps asking for zucchini cakes, but I forgot and she leaves for camp today. Therefore I'm prepping zucchini for freezing. I normally grate, dry on dishtowels and freeze in bags of 2 cups each. When doing this, you have to watch the moisture level when you use the zucchini after freezing. Zucchini is normally wet and freezing and thawing really brings that moisture out.

I'm trying to dry my zucchini by baking it on a cookie sheet at 300 degrees, checking it every 5-7 minutes so I don't cook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment