Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pumpkin pancakes

Adapted from:
http://www.howto-simplify.com/2010/10/pumpkin-pancakes.html?m=1

My husband, a Virgo and mellow by nature, slammed some cereal boxes on the table this morning and bellowed, "Why is breakfast always my responsibility?"

Because I'm not functional in the early morning.

So I'm making pumpkin pancakes to freeze, heat and eat.

DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1.5 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup stoneground wheat flour
- 1 heaping heaping tablespoon baking powder
- about 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
- about 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- about 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger

Combine. Mix wet ingredients and then blend two together.

WET INGREDIENTS
- 2 eggs
- about eight ounces pumpkin/ half a can/ half a cup
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- about 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons melted butter

I got a yield of 18 pancakes, with a batter thick enough that I had to spread it onto the griddle with a rubber spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment