Thursday, September 9, 2010

More chicken salad lunch


Yesterday's chicken was a hit with everyone. I gave my daughter the option of having chicken salad or something else for lunch today and she picked chicken. I told her she could have chicken salad wrap like yesterday, chicken salad with crackers or chicken salad with greens.

She chose greens. I put some greens in the bottom of the dish with a touch of ranch dressing, and topped it with chicken salad. Other items include a banana and animal crackers and some mixed nuts. With a juice box, because there was no room left for the thermos.

I am floored by this choice. I expected crackers to be the winner. A wrap is hard for a kid to handle and keep the food inside. A salad is so grown up and boring. Crackers combine the idea of making tiny sandwiches with the concept of dipping, which is very kid-friendly. But she chose salad. How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment