Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Today I'm making bread. I didn't intend to make bread, but it just kind of happened and I thought I'd experiment and make cinnamon raisin bread...

If you're looking for my previous entries on bread and different recipes, click on the label for bread at the bottom of the entry or follow this link:
http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/search/label/bread

Now, my initial flour mix:
  • 2 cups unbleached white flour
  • 2 cups wheat flour
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
In separate bowl:
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon yeast
I mixed about 3 cups of the flour mix into the water bowl and made a dough. Then I added to the flour mixture bowl:
  • 1 cup oats
Now, I placed the dough in the slightly warm oven to rise. It should be doubled and ready for step two in 2-3 hours.

Okay, a check at 10:30 reveals that the bread is ready for phase two.

I sprinkle half the oat/flour mix where I plan to knead the bread, then I add some white flour around the parameter and flour my hands. I knead the dough and add raisins, disappointed that I only have a 1/2 cup raisins in the house...

Now, leave it sit to double again. Should take an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment