Monday, October 12, 2009

Beef cutlets in port sauce


My vegetarian friends will hate me tonight... We're having some cheap cuts of top round beef tonight, that I got at Wegmans for $2.50 (with one of their coupons for the meat department). In a skillet, I started a sauce of approximately the following:
  1. 2 tablespoons butter
  2. 1 teaspoon four color organic peppercorns
  3. 1 tablespoon olive oil
  4. between 1 and 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  5. About 1 tablespoon port
I have the meat cooking over medium, trying to slowly cook the meat. I'm thinking of serving with potatoes.

I only had two potatoes left, so I chopped them and tossed them in boiling water. I opted for Green Giant Immunity Blend steamed vegetables: cauliflower, orange and yellow carrots, and cranberries in a light butter sauce (which I thought could also lubricate the potatoes).

No comments:

Post a Comment