Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vegetable pot pie


I can cook cheap. I can cook fancy. I can cook comfort. But I have yet to master cooking without time...

Yesterday we went to my in-laws for dinner (Dinner in One Dish and the last of the season's sweet corn and greens with hot bacon dressing and homemade applesauce AND banana cake for my husband's birthday).

Today for breakfast, the kid had cereal and then a slice of cake around 10. At 11:15 ish I fed her leftover dinner-in-one-dish (she ate TWO big plates) and then while she went to school I planned to make a broccoli pot pie for dinner.

Except we had eaten most of the broccoli.

So I took a Pillsbury pie crust (coupon), added what fresh broccoli we did have, a can of Campbell's broccoli cheese soup and a half can of soy milk. I then got some frozen peas, some frozen cauliflower and some frozen carrots and added them to the mix.

Added the second pie crust, covered the edges with tin foil, and set the oven to heat to 425 degrees at about 4:15 so it can be done at 5.

VoilĂ .

No comments:

Post a Comment