Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thwarted Again


I went to great lengths to make that lasagne the other day, and when I got home last night, my mother-in-law had decided to make dinner. No one asked if we had plans. She just did it.


These are the days my mother-in-law makes me crazy. And I used the F-word a lot when I got home at seven. (To my husband, not my mother-in-law.) I recognized that she was trying to be nice, but she made frozen processed stuff that could have waited. I had lasagne with about $10 worth of fresh homemade cheese that does not keep.


She made Barber Foods frozen broccoli stuffed with broccoli and cheese, carrots drowned in butter and pre-seasoned rice. Well, my family has now had their salt for the week.


What I don't understand is why she did it. When I need her help, she's never available. She worked yesterday... so I can just imagine it. She rushed home from work around three. My father-in-law drove to my house (the longest way possible to avoid the 'traffic,' making a 15 or 20-minute drive into 35). Then she dashed around my kitchen like a lunatic preparing processed foods. Now, I told her last week I had to work late. Doesn't she realize we do plan for these nights?




No comments:

Post a Comment