Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shopping Dilemma

If the offerings on this blog have seemed slim, it's because I haven't really cooked in a couple weeks. I've worked close to double my normal hours the last couple weeks (including eleven yesterday) and I have a conference for GLVWG this weekend. So I haven't cooked OR shopped.

Which brings me to today dilemma. I need to do wash in order to have something to wear to the conference (frustrating since I just did two loads of wash Tuesday). I have class at eleven. I asked the family what they'd want to eat and got no answer.

So do I head to the MAC machine and get some basics at Aldi? Because that would involve dragging out all our shopping bags. Do I go to Giant and get enough for a couple specific meals? Because I don't have the energy or the time to do a big order with a preschooler in tow. I'd go to wegmans and get our more exotic groceries, but again, time is at a premium.

I'm irritable, tense and the family offers no suggestions... 
I'm leaning towards apple/sausage stuffed crêpes or pancakes... And I guess for lunch they are having PBJ crackers. A pot pie of some kind would be easier... So I guess we'll see.

And in case you were curious how on budget I've stayed: So far in March I've spent $167 on groceries and $151 on dining out.

1 comment:

  1. you haven't been talking to PAt have you. I hear this EVERY day. "the family offers no suggestions..." Funny part is we do, she just like 99% of them. -g

    ReplyDelete